Thursday, March 31, 2005

conservatism

Reynolds also has a great description of his worldview on politics and government.
I believe in a role for tradition like Burke, heeding the wisdom of the past like Chesterton, that our rights come from the Creator like the Founding Fathers, and in a higher moral calling for our nation like Lincoln. I believe that man was created in the image of God as taught in the Bible and that a nation should err on the side of life like President Bush. I believe in the rule of law, but a law limited by the Law of Nature and Nature's God, like John Locke. I recognize the limited promise of government in this age and view a theocracy as wicked like Augustine, Dante, and Calvin. However, I more deeply fear godless secularism seizing our state and bring on a reign of terror as it always does, just like Ronald Reagan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home