Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ravi Zacharias at the Mormon Tabernacle

The second cd by Ravi Zacharias we will listen to is titled, "The Exclusivity and Sufficiency of Jesus Christ." It was given at the Mormon Tabernacle in Salt Lake City.

Ravi was the first non-Mormon to speak at the tabernacle in 105 years. For more details on how that happened and what it was like, click here and here.

Ravi explains how this happened:

What it boiled down to was that they were interested in hearing from an evangelical Christian about what lay at the heart of our faith. I asked for two personal conditions. One, that I be given the privilege of selecting the subject and two, that I bring someone to provide the music. They gladly granted both. But even after that I hesitated till several key evangelical leaders and professors from across the country wrote and urged me to accept the invitation to speak at the Tabernacle. After much prayer and reflection, I did.


Notes will be posted soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home